We can help you convert your office supplies to eco-friendly alternatives, like remanufactured toners, paper and much more. We also pick up cardboard, toners and other recyclables. For more information or a green consultation, please contact your Economy sales representative.
Easy ways to be eco-friendly at work:
- Warm up...or cool down!
Check your thermostat...for every degree it's set warmer in the summer or cooler in the winter, you can save 6%-8% in energy costs.
- Lap up the savings...
When replacing computers, consider getting laptops rather than desktop models. Because they're portable. they're more versatile...plus you'll save up 70% in electricity costs.
- Get the power!
Plug all your desktop equipment into a surge protector and play it smart. Not only will it provide surge protection for your equipment investments, it makes it easy to turn everything off at the end of the workday. One simple flip of a switch can result in great enery savings!
Did you know? An average office worker uses over 10,000 sheets of paper per year.
Products that reduce waste and save resources
- Recycled: minimum 10% post-consumer recycled or 20% total recycled
- Recycling solutions: bins, bags and boxes to encourage recycling
- Remanufactured: ink and toner cartridges from previously used products
- Refillable & Refills: products that replace one-time-use disposables
- Rechargeable: batteries and charges to replace one-time use batteries
- Rewritable: CDs, DVDs and Flash Drives to reduce paper and allow reuse
- Biodegradable: A material that is capable of decomposing in nature within a relatively short period of time.
- Remanufactured: Items made from parts of previously used products.
- Post-Consumer Waste: Indicates that materials used to make a product were recovered or otherwise diverted from the solid waste stream after consumer use.
Eco Fun Tips
- Each ton of paper recycles saves 17 trees and 7,000 gallons of water.
- Sugar cane is an annually renewable resource , where paper is made from trees that take 20 years to grow.
- Did you know that recycling just one aluminum can saves enough energy to power a television for three hours? And recycling aluminum saves about 95% of the energy it would take to produce a new aluminum can.
Share the Knowledge!